[turba] ldap: how do I stop the posixAccounts appearing in shared

Mark Worsdall turba at worsdall.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 18 14:07:38 PST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to stop the shared ldap sirecory listing the posixAccount
since having them appear in the address book is confusing AND you can
edit them anyway as it just comes back with an error:

  There was an error updating this entry: Failed to change name: (65)
Object class violation; Old DN = uid=jdw,dc=shadowrobot,dc=com, New DN =
cn=Mark Worsdall, Root = dc=shadowrobot,dc=com

The shared ldap file sources.php:

         'server' => 'thoth.shadow.local',
         'port' => 389,
         'tls' => false,
         'root' => 'dc=shadowrobot,dc=com',
         // 'bind_dn' => 'cn=admin,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com',
         'bind_dn' => 'cn=admin,dc=shadowrobot,dc=com',

If I add in ou=users or ou=people it won't connect to the server.

The file /etc/ldap/slapd.conf:

rootdn cn=admin,dc=shadowrobot,dc=com
rootpw secret

defaultaccess read

access to attrs=userPassword
         by dn="cn=admin,dc=shadowrobot,dc=com" write
         by anonymous auth
         by self write
         by * none

access to dn.base="" by * read

access to dn.children="ou=person,dc=shadowrobot,dc=com"
         attrs=entry,objectClass,mail,telephoneNumber,mobiletelephonenumbe
r,title,organizationname,businesscategory,postaladdress,postalcode,teleph
onenumber,facsimiletelephonenumber,homepostaladdress,homephone,descriptio
n,displayName,labeledURI,calFBURL
         by dn="cn=admin,ou=DSA,dc=shadowrobot,dc=com" read
         by self read
         by * none

access to *
         by dn="cn=admin,dc=shadowrobot,dc=com" write
         by * read

I have yet to successfully add an ou entry:

dn: ou=jdw,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=shadowrobot,dc=com
objectclass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: jdw

dn: ou=rw,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=shadowrobot,dc=com
objectclass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: rw

Getting the following error from ldapadd:

adding new entry "ou=jdw,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=shadowrobot,dc=com"
ldap_add: No such object (32)
         matched DN: dc=shadowrobot,dc=com

Any ideas where I HAVE MESSED UP??? cos I am thick:-)

--
Mark Worsdall
http://www.shadowrobot.com/  need a hand??