[turba] ldap shared direcory: company title not allowed

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Tue Feb 21 05:04:38 PST 2006

> I decided to add it into objectclass list to try anyway in the
> soruces.php file:
>
>          'objectclass' => array('top',
>                                 'person',
>                                 'inetOrgPerson',
>                                 'organization',
>                                 'organizationalPerson'),

This doesn't make sense.  An object cannot be both an
organizationalPerson and an organization,  this constitutes and illegal
structural objectclass chain.

> When all done and restarted slapd and tried to save entry I got:
> There was an error updating this entry: Modify failed: (17) Undefined
> attribute type

Perhaps you are trying to apply attributes defined in organization to an
object that is not an organization.

> Course that did not allow for the saving of a companytitle to be allowed

If by "companytitle" you mean 'Job Title' why not use the "title"
attribute?  If by "companytitle" you mean name of company use the "o"
attribute.

> since it is used already I am thinking for the actual company we are I
> am thinking?
> Do I have to choose another objectclass to map to from the schemas?

If you want to store both organization and inetOrgPerson objects it is
best done in separate organizational units presented as two address
sources; "Shared Contacts", "Shared Enterprises".