[turba] "Create Address Book" Error

S. Petty spetty01 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 11:49:27 PST 2006

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von "S. Petty" <spetty01 at gmail.com>:
>
>> Jan Schneider wrote:
>>> Maybe this is a completely different issue. Any chance that cookies
>>> are turned off? I.e. do you usually have the session id as a parameter
>>> in the urls?
>>>
>>> Jan.
>>>
>> Jan -
>>
>> The URLs are long, and do seem to include the Session ID - here's one
>> for example:
>>
>> http://www.server.org/mail/index.php?Horde=8ee4402ca0ce9f2d8a9609796e17a92a
>> &url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.server.org%2Fmail%2F%3FHorde%3D8ee4402ca0ce9f2d8a9609796e17a92a
>>
>> My webroot appears to be set correctly, cookies are not disabled in my
>> browser.  I've tried IE and Firefox with the same results.  I checked
>> the server and the session() extension is activated and functioning.
>>
>> I looked at the cookies set after logging in, and there are 3:
>>
>> PHPSESSID		08d820ef36150840a1f587eeb5319298
>> tz_offset  (twice)	-18000
>>
>> I wiped out these cookies, closed the browser, then logged back in.
>>
>> I guess, then, that the fact that cookies aren't working is causing this
>> problem?  My next question would be where else to look to figure out how
>
> Yes. Though this is a bug in Turba. Please file a ticket on bugs.horde.org.
>
>> to get them working?  The webroot is not /horde, but I did change it in
>> the registry.php.  The admin setting for "What domain should we set
>> cookies to?" is also correctly set to the path to the horde directory.
>> The sessionhandler driver is set to the default, PHP.
>
> You also need to set the cookie path in Horde's configuration.

Thanks, Jan.  Not to drag this thread out any longer, but a couple of
follow-up questions.  I'll file a ticket as you suggest, though I'm
wondering if I fix cookies if that will solve the problem?  Right now it
seems that they aren't working in any module, so I might be better off
concentrating on that, correct?

My cookie path is currently set to:  /home/server/public_html/mail

If you, or anyone, have any suggestions on where I might start looking
for the cause of the cookie issue, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for all your continued help and patience.

Sean