[turba] shared address book as default

Björn Köster bjoern.koester at mediata.net
Wed Mar 22 02:11:08 PST 2006

> Zitat von redaktion at akweb.de:
>
>> In a small installation, we want to use one shared address book for
>> all users. In IMP 3.x we had owner_id commented out - worked fine. In
>> IMP 4.1 we set up a localsql source (eg. "SQL Address Book") and a
>> share with all rights for all users with a different name (eg. "Our
>> Address Book").
>>
>> What I now want to do is setting up a global preference, that the
>> later is the one and only address book, which is preselected for all
>> users. The Turba pref
>>
>> $_prefs['default_dir'] = array(
>>      'value' => 'Our Address Book',
>>      'locked' => false,
>>
>> does not work - in the new contacts and search screen, I get a drop
>> down list with "SQL Address Book" as the first and "Our Address Book"
>> as the second entry.
>
> If using shares you should always get a personal address book
> automatically. But you should be able to create an address book that
> doesn't use shares instead, and use the global (Administrator's)
> Permissions interface to assign public access to that source.
>
> Jan.

Hi Jan,
that was quite an important information. I think many turba users, me
two, did not know
that they were able to use the global (Administrator's) Permissions
interface to restrict the user permissions on induvidual turba
sources. It would be very nice if you would ad a note in the turba
upgrade documentation.

Björn

> http://horde.org/consulting/

Mit freundlichem Grüßen
Best Regards

Björn Köster

MEDIATA Communications GmbH
Internetagentur - Software-Entwicklung - Kommunikation
Koelner Strasse 94-96 / 53840 Troisdorf / Germany

Email: info at mediata.net Internet: http://www.mediata.net

Tel: +49 (0) 22 41 / 972-900 Fax: +49 (0) 22 41 / 972-910