[turba] shared address book as default

Mike mike at theupstairsroom.com
Tue Apr 4 07:44:18 PDT 2006

--On Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:34 AM +0100 Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
wrote:

> Zitat von redaktion at akweb.de:
>
> > In a small installation, we want to use one shared address book for
> > all users. In IMP 3.x we had owner_id commented out - worked fine. In
> > IMP 4.1 we set up a localsql source (eg. "SQL Address Book") and a
> > share with all rights for all users with a different name (eg. "Our
> > Address Book").
> >
> > What I now want to do is setting up a global preference, that the
> > later is the one and only address book, which is preselected for all
> > users. The Turba pref
> >
> > $_prefs['default_dir'] = array(
> >      'value' => 'Our Address Book',
> >      'locked' => false,
> >
> > does not work - in the new contacts and search screen, I get a drop
> > down list with "SQL Address Book" as the first and "Our Address Book"
> > as the second entry.
>
> If using shares you should always get a personal address book
> automatically. But you should be able to create an address book that
> doesn't use shares instead, and use the global (Administrator's)
> Permissions interface to assign public access to that source.

For the sake of completeness, you should be able to do this also using only
the one source configured for shares.  Just create a new share using the
"My Addressbooks" screen in turba, then, instead of using 'value' => 'Our
Address Book'  you should use the newly created share's internal
identifier.  This is something like
"localsql:82e8f032c1ab043b5efaa4fde50653d2" where localsql is the key into
cfgSources for the source type and the long string of characters represents
the share's uid.  The share uid can be found by looking at the
administrator's DataTree screen.  It is under horde.shares.turba.

I know it's a bit cumbersome to dig out, but it will save you from the
overhead and time to create a new source, especially if your using the same
backend, attributes etc...

This is similar to what is described in ticket: 3271  When I get caught up
on things, I'll try to write a wiki page describing this...