[turba] Manually Adding use_shares in SQL, DataTree Permissions

Mike mike at theupstairsroom.com
Fri Apr 7 09:22:59 PDT 2006

--On Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:43 AM -0500 Tony Lay <tonylay at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm trying to determine how to manually set up a turba database for
> use_shares.

1) The *only* time you need to run this script is if you had been using a
SQL source as a public source (i.e. public => true) in Turba 2.0.x and now
wish to use the new horde share support in Turba 2.1 and later.  If you
haven't been using your SQL source as a public source (public => false),
but have been providing separate, personal addressbooks to each user, there
is no need to run this script to enable share support.  Just set use_shares
=> true.

> The script hangs after the first prompt

There is an open bug report for this issue already...
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=3676

Could you add an entry to that ticket, posting the output of
"/usr/local/bin/php -v" or "php -v"?  There is also an entry there about
how one user ran the script successfully while it was hanging...

> //I get a blank result panel (sidebar still present)

Even if the script was not run successfully, and you were using a globally
shared source, you should not get a blank screen.  When using shares, each
user should automatically get a default share (which, if you were using
public => false, would contain all the existing entries from the user's
personal address book.  If you were using public => true, it would be an
empty address book).

Do you have any errors in your apache log?

Are you sure you have updated all of the horde libraries, config files, ran
any other necessary update scripts etc?

> I turn off use_shares and everything works fine for individual address
> books.  I looked for horde.shares.turba in the database and came
> across three entries.

Again, if you were using individual address books in Turba 2.0.x, you don't
need to worry about using the upgrade script.

> horde.horde_datatree horde.shares.turba
> datatree_id group_uid			user_uid	datatree_name	datatree_parents
> 	datatree_order	datatree_data	datatree_serialized	datatree_updated 9676
> 	horde.shares.turba  	brian  	brian  		:9674  		NULL			NULL  		0
> 	2005-12-14 12:25:53
> 9681 		horde.shares.turba 	jon 		localsql 			  		NULL
> 				0				2005-12-15 02:30:49
> 9680 		horde.shares.turba 	jon 		jon 			:9681			NULL			NULL
> 			0				2005-12-15 02:30:49
>
> Looking at the entries made me wonder if I could manually add the
> permissions into mysql, assuming that I change ownership of the
> contacts and put in the correct datatree numbers.  An explination of
> how the permissions work in the datatree might be enough to get me
> there.

These entries look as if Turba's share system is working normally, with
only one user(jon) having logged into Turba since shares were enabled.

Thanks,
Mike