[turba] Turba 'My Address Books'

BiBe bibe2001 at gmx.de
Tue Apr 18 17:08:59 PDT 2006

Hi!

Michael Rubinsky <mike <at> theupstairsroom.com> writes:
> Quoting BiBe <bibe2001 <at> gmx.de>:
> > Exactly. When i browse the addressbook, i get a list of all records in it as
> > expected. But by clicking the edit button of a record, i don't get a
> >  formular to
> > edit the record, but an empty search result. How can i fix it?
>
> Not sure what's going on here. What source(s) do you have configured?
> Do you see the entry for the contact when you try to just view the
> contact?  Have you updated all sources/*.dist files when you last
> upgraded?

This was my first installation of Horde, current stable packages without any
updates.

> The organizing entry in the side menu bar is a header.  It contains
> 'organizing-type' applications if you have them installed. With a
> default install of the Horde applications Kronolith(Calendar),
> Mneno(Notes) Nag(Tasks), and a few others these appliactions would
> also appear under Organizing.
>
> If you truely want Addressbook to be a top level menu item, then you
> must edit it's entry in horde/config/registry.php and remove the
> menu_parent parameter in the Turba stanza.

That was exacly what i wanted to and it solved the problem obove about editing
contact entries, too. Really strange: After I had removed "'menu_parent' =>
'organizing'" the parent entry was fine and editing worked, too. Then i set
menu_parent back, just for testing, and editing still worked. I don't really
know, what went on, but now everything works fine.

Many thanks for help, i'm really impressed getting such good support here and
thanks a lot for developing the horde project, it's fantastic to use!

Greetings from Germany,
BiBe