[turba] Global address book - user permisssions

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Fri Jun 16 12:40:45 PDT 2006

Quoting Manilal K M <libregeek at gmail.com>:

> On 16/06/06, /dustbin <slash.dustbin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> i have configured horde and imp which is working fantastic and now want to
>> turba. I created two tables in mysql (horde DB), 1)turba_objects for storing
>> users personal address book n
>> 2)ga_book for storing the Global Address Book. this is my
>> turba/sources.php..

If you are really using Turba 2.1.1, then your sources.php file is out
of date.  The 'public' and 'readonly' attributes are deprecated.  In
order to implement a global address book as you describe, you only
need to configure one SQL source, and set the 'use_shares' attribute
to true.  You can then create a new address book using the "My
Addressbooks" page (addressbooks.php).  You can set permissions on
this address book from there as well.  This is all documented in the
sources.php.dist file that is in the Turba 2.1.1 distribution.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)