[turba] 2 Address book

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Mon Jun 26 08:39:02 PDT 2006

lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de wrote:
> Zitat von Marco Pirovano <marco.pirovano at unibocconi.it>:
>
>> Scrive Linux Corporativo <linuxcorporate at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> I´m using the latest versions of HORDE,IMP,TURBA
>>> with data on localsql (MySQL).
>>> The address book of each user is working correctly.
>>>
>>> WHAT I NEED:
>>> Beyond each user contact list, I want show to the users
>>> a public contact list of my companies users emails, where everyone can
>>> query, but not change the data.
>>>
>>> Is this possible? Can someone help me please?
>>

>> Yes, it's possible.

[snip]

> Hmm...
> For the latest releases (> 2.1) the "readonly" and "admin" option in the
> config files are deprecated. One should use the Horde Perms UI but until
> now i have not figured out how to get it work this way. Any
> documentation out there??

Configure a datatree and use the administrative interface to add
permissions for turba, then add permissions for turba sources and
finally add permissions for the address book you want to make read-only.

Edit the permissions as required. You'll need to set "Show, Read, Edit,
Delete" for turba and source.. for the read-only address book skip
edit/delete.

- dhawal