[turba] Confusion using /turba/scripts/upgrades/public_to_horde_share script

Andy Wright horde at eltofts.homelinux.com
Wed Jul 5 11:39:10 PDT 2006

I am currently doing some testing prior to upgrading to the latest and
greatest but am stuck on converting the address books...

Currently I have 2 entries for Sql sources in sources.php, one for "My
address book" in "turba_objects","localsql", public => false and one for
"Shared address book" in "turba_objects_shared", "localsql2", public=>true

I have copied the contents of the tables over to the test installation
and adjusted sources.php to the new syntax (use_shares=> false on both
sources).

The "My address book" works fine - each user can access the contents of
their personal address book.

However, with "Shared address book", each user can only see entries for
which they are the owner. Using the permissions facility in Horde to add
all rights all the way down the turba tree (Address book, Sources and
localsql2) has no effect on what users can see.

Having given up on the permissions route, I tried to use the
public_to_horde_share script and then set use_shares=>true on the
"localsql2" source.

This works insofar as users can now see all entries in the shared book
(I made myself owner of the share and gave all rights to all users for
testing). However, there are now *2* shared address books - the original
one as defined in sources.php (and to which users now see no entries,
not even their own) and one listed under the name I gave during the
upgrade, which works as expected. So now I see - "My address book",
"Shared address book", "Shared address book - upgraded".

Am I doing something wrong here? I just want to end up with one working
shared address book - not one that works and one that doesn't :)

Cheers,
Andy Wright.