[turba] Confusion using /turba/scripts/upgrades/public_to_horde_share script

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Jul 6 07:45:56 PDT 2006

Quoting Andy Wright <horde at eltofts.homelinux.com>:

> Mike, thanks for the explanation - what I'm seeing makes more sense now.
>
> Unfortunately the "non-shared"source holds the users' personal address
> books so I can't drop that. I guess the next obvious question is to ask
> if there is a way to stop Turba from creating the default share on the
> Shared source? Or failing that, a way of hiding a share from users?

No, not without a fair amount of hacking the code.

> I did consider trying to export each user's personal book and import
> that into the newly created user-share, but many of them have set up
> Lists which don't export/import :(

Why not just copy the data from the shared table into the non-shared table?

After you run the public_to_horde_share script, every entry in the
shared table has the same owner_id value, which looks something like
this: ad60cc4ce7102b3aac2420aedbc664c1.  If any of your users added
contacts to their "Shared Address Book", then there will also be
entries in the table that have actual usernames as the owner_id.  When
you merge the tables, any entries with the username in owner_id field
will appear in the user's (existing) default address book.  Any entry
with the longer owner_id will appear in the shared address book. You
should be able to just copy the data from the shared table to the
non-shared table and then set use_shares => true on that source...then
comment out your second source in sources.php.  This will result in
the user seeing his/her default address book and the shared address
book.

If you are making use of any synching code, I'm not sure how this
would affect the history.

Of course, you will want to *make a backup of these tables* before you
do this! - I have not done this myself, but see no reason why this
wouldn't work...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
mike