[turba] mysql address book not showing for new users

Olasoji Ajayi olasoji at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 01:14:11 PDT 2006

on the horde readme file, i have:
:Last update: $Date: 2005/10/18 11:33:35 $

:Revision: $Revision: 2.13.10.1 $

and its horde  3.1.1

and for turba i have:
:Last update: $Date: 2005/10/18 12:50:03 $

:Revision: $Revision: 1.12.10.2 $

and its turba h3-2.1

these are the entries in the sources.php that i chanaged, all the otheres
have been commented out (some of the values in the ldap section have been
chnaged for security reasons)

$cfgSources['localsql'] = array(

'title' => _("My Address Book"),

'type' => 'sql',

// The default connection details are pulled from the Horde-wide SQL

// connection configuration.

//

// The old example illustrates how to use an alternate database

// configuration.

//

// New Example:

'params' => array_merge($conf['sql'], array('table' => 'turba_objects')),

// Old Example:

// 'params' => array(

// 'phptype' => 'mysql',

// 'hostspec' => 'localhost',

// 'username' => 'horde',

// 'password' => '*****',

// 'database' => 'horde',

// 'table' => 'turba_objects',

// 'charset' => 'iso-8859-1'

// ),

'map' => array(

'__key' => 'object_id',

'__owner' => 'owner_id',

'__type' => 'object_type',

'__members' => 'object_members',

'__uid' => 'object_uid',

'name' => 'object_name',

'email' => 'object_email',

'alias' => 'object_alias',

'homeAddress' => 'object_homeaddress',

'workAddress' => 'object_workaddress',

'homePhone' => 'object_homephone',

'workPhone' => 'object_workphone',

'cellPhone' => 'object_cellphone',

'fax' => 'object_fax',

'title' => 'object_title',

'company' => 'object_company',

'notes' => 'object_notes',

'pgpPublicKey' => 'object_pgppublickey',

'smimePublicKey' => 'object_smimepublickey',

'freebusyUrl' => 'object_freebusyurl'

),

'search' => array(

'name',

'email'

),

'strict' => array(

'object_id',

'owner_id',

'object_type',

),

'export' => true,

'browse' => true,

'use_shares' => false,

);

if (Util::extensionExists('ldap')) {

/**

* A local address book in an LDAP directory. This implements a public

* (shared) address book.

* To store freebusy information in the LDAP directory, you'll need the

* rfc2739.schema from

* http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com/node/42

*/

$cfgSources['localldap'] = array(

'title' => _(shared Addressbook"),

'type' => 'ldap',

'params' => array(

'server' => 'localhost',

'port' => 389,

'tls' => false,

'root' => 'ou=myou,dc=mydc,dc=mygov,dc=myng',

'bind_dn' => 'cn=root,ou=rootou,dc=rootorg',

'bind_password' => 'mypassword',

'sizelimit' => 200,

'dn' => array('cn'),

'objectclass' => array('top',

'person',

'organizationalPerson',

'inetOrgPerson'),

'scope' => 'one',

'charset' => 'iso-8859-1',

// Consult the LDAP schema to verify that all required attributes for

// an entry are set and add them if needed.

'checkrequired' => false,

// Value used to fill in missing required attributes.

'checkrequired_string' => ' ',

// Check LDAP schema for valid syntax. If this is undefined an

// address field is assumed to have postalAddress syntax; otherwise

// the schema is consulted for the syntax to use.

'checksyntax' => true,

'version' => 3

),

'map' => array(

'__key' => 'dn',

'__uid' => 'uid',

'name' => 'cn',

'email' => 'mail',

'homePhone' => 'homephone',

'workPhone' => 'telephonenumber',

'cellPhone' => 'mobiletelephonenumber',

'homeAddress' => 'homepostaladdress',

// 'freebusyUrl' => 'calFBURL',

),

'search' => array(

'name',

'email',

'homePhone',

'workPhone',

'cellPhone',

'homeAddress'

),

'strict' => array(

'dn',

),

'export' => true,

'browse' => true,

);

What i find baffeling is what i could have done to the configurations that
will make it woork for some accounts and not work for another, i would
expect that if there is something wrong in my turba config, it should affect
all accounts