[turba] Turba 2.1.2 - admin rights

tom burkart turba at aussec.com
Thu Aug 10 04:56:26 PDT 2006

Today, tom burkart wrote:

> I have an issue which involves several turba address books having read-only
> lists (under 2.0.4) that have content added by an administrative person.
> Using turba 2.1.2, these lists are always empty.  How do I fix this?

It appears the turba functionality avaliable in 2.0.x that allowed the
addressbooks to be either public or private is gone in 2.1.x.  This
feature allowed me to create useful addressbooks only the "administrators"
could modify but everyone could use (eg customers, internal,
suppliers, etc.).

The 2.1.x lists on the other hand still support the multiple address
books, however they are always treated as private, ie only the person who
enters the data can see it, unless they are an administrator of that
addressbook.  Can I please have the old functionality back?

tom.