[turba] Trying to set up addressbook hosted on a remote MS SQL 2000 server

Mark Hennessy mhennessy at cloud9.net
Wed Sep 6 08:51:56 PDT 2006

Hello.

I haven't been able to find any howtos for what I'm trying to do, I wonder if
anyone has any advice.
I have obtained OpenLink Universal Data Access Driver Suite for MS SQL 2000
and using its web interface I have confirmed the ability to successfully make
a test connection to the remote MS SQL 2000 server.

I compiled PHP 5.1.6 with the following:
'./configure' '--with-gettext' '--with-xml' '--with-mysql' '--with-mcrypt'
'--with-imap'
'--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs' '--with-dom'
'--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local'
'--with-imap-ssl' '--with-iodbc' '--with-openssl'

In turba/test.php, I get the following:
PHP Module Capabilities

    * MySQL Support: Yes
    * PostgreSQL Support: No
    * Microsoft SQL Support: No
    * Oracle Support: No
    * Unified ODBC Support: Yes
    * LDAP Support: No

I have the following pear modules installed:
Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
Package        Version State
Archive_Tar    1.3.1   stable
Console_Getopt 1.2     stable
DB             1.7.6   stable
Date           1.4.6   stable
File           1.2.2   stable
HTTP_Request   1.3.0   stable
Log            1.9.8   stable
Mail           1.1.10  stable
Mail_Mime      1.3.1   stable
Net_SMTP       1.2.8   stable
Net_Socket     1.0.6   stable
Net_URL        1.0.14  stable
PEAR           1.4.9   stable

In sources.php, I have defined:
    'params' => array(
         'phptype' => 'odbc',
         'hostspec' => 'LocalServer',
         'username' => 'user',
         'password' => 'pass',
         'database' => 'dbname',
         'table' => 'tablename',
         'charset' => 'iso-8859-1'
    ),

When I try to use turba, I get:
Failed to access the address book: The address book "" does not exist.

What am I missing?

--
 Mark Hennessy