[turba] "group name did not validate"

Ruediger Kern kern at regiogate.net
Mon Sep 4 04:36:11 PDT 2006

Jan Schneider schrieb:
> Zitat von Kevin Konowalec <kevin at ualberta.net>:
>
>> We've just upgraded to the latest stable version of horde, imp, and
>> turba from the last stable releases.  Everything seems to be working
>> fine except some of our users are reporting that they're getting
>> "group name did not validate" errors when trying to send to their
>> contact lists.  What could be causing this?
>
> Perhaps invalid group names?

It's not that easy. I've upgraded our horde-setup for customers to the
newest version last week. Today a customer called and complained about
the failure above.

So i looked at the problem, If you enter the nickname of the group in
any of the address-fields the group gets expandend to

And <groupname>: is of course something, that should not be in a
mailheader field.

Anyone to reproduce this? Any hints?

Regards,

--
Ruediger Kern                          regioGATE GmbH
Systemadministration                   Friedrich-Bergius-Ring 15