[turba] (no subject)

Mark Hennessy mhennessy at cloud9.net
Fri Sep 15 09:03:48 PDT 2006

Chuck wrote:
>Quoting Mark Hennessy <mhennessy at cloud9.net>:
>>  I have a situation where I have turba looking at a table used
>>  by another application as well for address book management.
>>  As such, there is no guarantee that there will be an e-mail
>>  address filled in for any particular record in the database.
>>
>>  Is it possible to have turba simply not return any record
>>  that doesn't contain an e-mail address when a search or
>>  browse is done?  I would think if so that this could extend
>>  to other fields as well.
>
>See the 'filter' attribute in config/sources.php.dist.
>
>-chuck
>
>--
>"we are plastered to the windshield of the bus that is time." - Chris

I handled it by getting the DBMS to do the work for me using a view.  Thanks
for the info though!

I'm sorry I just didn't quite comprehend what that feature was for based upon
the documentation in sources.php.dist at first.
The filter item, does it actually get appended on the query line submitted to
the DBMS?

--
 Mark Hennessy