[turba] Changing LDAP fields

Kevin Konowalec kevin at ualberta.net
Thu Sep 28 13:48:04 PDT 2006

Is it possible to change the fields returned on an LDAP directory
search to be a multiple-field display?  The reason I ask is the way
our directory is set up (and I can't change it) is that a person's
legal name is stored in the cn field, as well as givenname and sn.
However, people's PREFERRED first name is stored in the displayname
field.  Since all of the other directory services we have use the
display name I've been asked to bend Turba/Imp to do the same to
prevent confusion.

So... is there an easy way to display displayname and sn as opposed
to sn in LDAP queries?