[turba] Script to search in prefs adressbook

Marcos Atienza marcos.atienza at map.es
Tue Oct 3 05:04:42 PDT 2006

(Co-Worker at the keyboard now) :)

What Marcos was trying to say is:

Does anyone know of a script, or snippet of php code that allows to perform
searches in the "Private Address book"?ç

As you can read in sources.php:

/**
 * A preferences-based addressbook. This will always be private. You can add
 * any attributes you like to the map and it will just work; you can also
 * create multiple prefs-based address books by changing the 'name'
parameter.
 * This is best for address books that are expected to remain small;
it's not
 * the most efficient, but it can't be beat for getting up and running
 * quickly, especially if you already have Horde preferences working. Note
 * that it is not searchable, though - searches will simply return the whole
 * address book.
 */

The behaviour we want to change is: "searches will simply return the whole
address book"

Any hints or pointers will be greatly welcome.

Happy Hacking!