[turba] SyncML & Turba

Sven Flossmann sven at flossmann-online.de
Wed Oct 4 11:06:14 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm currently trying to synchronize the addressbook by using SyncML. I'm
using turba with a LDAP addressbook.

Almost everything seems to work, except the following:

a) some turba field names seems not been mapped correctly to the SyncML
field names (e.g. company)

b) if an entry on the mobile device has been changed, the corresponding
entry on the server is not found

Regarding a)
Is there any mapping between horde and SyncML field names? If not, what
are the correct "real standard field names" so that thy work with SyncML?

Regarding b)
The editing is correctly recognized by syncml / turba but when it is
tried to find the corresponding entry, the wrong uid is used:

SRCH base="ou=addressbook,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=flossmann,dc=net"
scope=2 deref=0 filter="(&(objectClass=person)(&(uid=*sven*)))"

The uid should be some more complex entry, like
"20060101151828.61hohs9xlf28 at www2.flossmann.net". The mapping between
SyncML and the UID is correct, but it seems, that this is not used.

Does anybody have any solutions or ideas?

Thanks,
	Sven