[turba] Infrequent DB connect error

Kamanhalli, Pavan S (STSD) pavan.kamanhalli at hp.com
Mon Oct 16 21:53:30 PDT 2006

Hi All,
         I get this error "A fatal error has occurred : DB Error:
connect failed" infrequently even though postgres is running and it is
accepting connections on localhost. Sometimes I get the INBOX and
sometime I get this error. I think it might be because,

	1. The php which is trying to connect to postgres is timing out
on some occasions. On some occasions it might succeed hence we may get
the inbox page.

           Is there any way to increase the timeout period of accessing
the database. If my inference is not correct kindly tell me how can I
approach it.

Thanks,
 Pavan