[turba] standard Turba attribute names, particularly '__uid'

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Dec 5 14:42:49 PST 2006

Quoting Otto Stolz <Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de>:

> My question is:
> - Where can I find information on the standard Turba attribute names?

There's what's in the .dist files, and some pages on the wiki (notes
on outlook compatibility, etc., that go into the fields).

> - In particular, what are '__key' and '__uid' (these are mapped in the
>   LDAP example)?

__key is the backend-specific ID for the entry. It can be anything as
long as it is unique inside that source.

__uid is the universal id for the entry. It identifies an entry
uniquely for purposes of syncing, so that you can sync changes made to
a contact on your PDA with the Horde version of that same contact. It
must be able to be set to anything for syncing to work properly.

> - Will I need to map '__uid', at all, in a read-only shared address book?

Probably not, but some other functionality uses uid (history), but if
the address book is _completely_ read only, you can probably take it
out of the map safely.

-chuck