[turba] readonly sources

Kevin Conley kevinconley at northwestern.edu
Thu Dec 7 08:38:15 PST 2006

OK - i installed the new Turba version (2.1.3) and the issue with moving a
contact into the LDAP is gone.

However, the 'Edit|Delete' is still there when viewing an entry. Are you saying
this can be restricted using the 'Administration/Permissions' tool?

I have not used this before - is there a Wiki on it or some docs I can use?
Is it simple to make the LDAP source READONLY for everybody?

Thanks

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Kevin Conley <kevinconley at northwestern.edu>:
>
>> I have set up the LDAP server in the sources.php and set it to
>> 'readonly'. While that does remove the entry from the 'My Address
>> Books' menu it does not remove it the LDAP address book from appearing
>> in the 'Move,Copy' select list on the browse page and when examining
>> an entry the 'Edit|Delete' option in the top right corner.
>>
>> If this source is 'readonly' should any of these 'write' operations be
>> available to the user? Because when they try to use this functionality
>> they get the LDAP permission error and this can be a problem
>> explaining to them.
>>
>> Is this a valid issue?
>
> No. readonly is deprecated - you need to use the permissions
> administration UI to set permissions on sources now.
>
> -chuck
>
> --"we are plastered to the windshield of the bus that is time." - Chris
> --Turba mailing list - Join the hunt: http://horde.org/bounties/#turba

Kevin Conley
Technology Support Services
Northwestern University