[turba] Adding permissions

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Dec 12 07:08:53 PST 2006

Hello,

today, Jan Schreider has written:
> Please *always* send messages to the list not to developers personally,

So it was probably wrong to answer the following question, privately,
and I repeat the question and my answer here, in the Turba list.

Thanks for any hint,
   Otto Stolz

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:15:05 +0100
Referenzen: <4576FF2C.6060504 at northwestern.edu>	<20061206190456.rr1rbpbyg4gg8sk4 at technest.org>
<45784377.4080901 at northwestern.edu>	<20061207115409.fg6lks4yo0ssggck at portal.theupstairsroom.com>
<45793451.6060503 at uni-konstanz.de> <20061208115642.sb16x4zm68ko8g80 at portal.theupstairsroom.com>

Hello Michael Rubinsky,

I had written:
> I am testing Horde: 3.1.2 + Imp H3 (4.1.2) + Turba H3 (2.1.3).
>
> I have logged in as a Horde administrator, and invoked the Permissions
> menu. There is only one entry, viz. "All Permissions".
> If I click on the little key icon next to it, I get the error message:
> "Invalid parent permission.", and nothing happens.

You have written:
> Did you configure a DataTree backend for Horde?

Yes, I have.

Excerpt from config/conf.php:
> $conf['datatree']['params']['driverconfig'] = 'horde';
> $conf['datatree']['driver'] = 'sql';
> $conf['group']['driver'] = 'datatree';

There are even some entries in Horde's datatree, dating back to
March till May (I've checked this with a MySQL query), when I had
tried a Kronolith, and Turba, installation; Horde's DataTre menu
shows:
> ─┬─horde.groups
>  └┬─Rechenzentrum
>   ├─Gruppenleiter