[turba] Issues with LDAP and Personal Address Book.

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Thu Jan 18 09:45:18 PST 2007

>> If you want just the name the user logged in as use Auth::getAuth()
> I change root to:
>        'root' => 'ou=' . Auth::getAuth() .
> ',ou=personal_addressbook,' . $basedn
> And I get the same unique id :
> "No such object" DN:
cn=First,uid=20070119025315.54emot8lcu0w at 192.168.0.33,ou=avenardj,ou=personal_addressbook,ou=OxObjects,dc=hydrix,dc=com

Which clearly means your Auth::getAuth() is returning "avenardj" since
you are getting :
  "ou=" + ["avenardj"] + "ou=personal_addressbook," + [$basedn]

All is good here.  The uid is getting added because you specified it
as the object and/or it is in your dn array.

>> Don't forget the value of the "dn" key matters too.

Did you look at the value of the dn key in your setup?  It specifies
what attributes compose the RDN.

> But where does the unique uid come from ?? I certainly didn't set this
> up ! Is it supposed to be there?

I suspect it is in your attribute list;  look at the attributes
assigned to names starting with an underscore "_"