[turba] creating entries

Kevin Conley kevinconley at northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 21 19:02:28 PST 2007

I am trying to migrate from a previous webmail program - EMUMail - and its
address book is very ugly - they are in perl gdbm format.

So i wrote a script to get the values out but then looking at the turba_objects
table it seems obvious how to map the entry fields except...

How is the object_id and object_uid generated?

Do they have to be generated in the context of the turba application or can i
calcluatel them myself so my perl import script can do raw sql calls right into
the turba_objects table?

--
Kevin Conley
Technology Support Services