[turba] multiple email addresses for one contact

Martin Fraser mdf at darksnow.net
Thu Mar 29 16:53:38 UTC 2007

Thanks for the quick reply Jan.

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Martin Fraser <mdf at darksnow.net>:
>
>> Has this issue been resolved for anyone?
>
> Which issue? There is no issue.
>
>> I've also got an LDAP addressbook setup and find that if in another
>> program I add multiple entries for email, or any other field, they
>> simply return a comma separated list, which is not correct.
>
> What is "they"?

The multiple email addresses

>> Why can't Turba show multiple entries as multiple entries rather than
>> one incorrectly concatenated list. I guess this is not an issue if
>> people have multiple nicknames, since a comma separated list here will
>> be fine for viewing, but email should be separate clickable links.
>
> How is that incorrectly concatenated?

They should be separate email address links, not one link which is a
concatenation of all the addresses.

>> Then we get to the issue of entering the data. I under stand this may be
>> a problem with the SQL driver (how do you enter multiple email addresses
>> into a single field) but it should allow it for LDAP backends.
>
> The problem is, it has to work for *all* backends.

Having had a look through the code that generates the contact form, I
can see that this really is a problem ;)

>> This problem seems to have been posted to the list a few times with no
>> resolution I could find.
>
> I still fail to see the problem actually.

If I have multiple email addresses for a contact and I click on one of
them in Turba I expect Imp to start a compose window sending a message
to that address, not to all the addresses for that contact.

Hope that clears up what I meant.

Cheers. Martin...