[turba] TurbaOutlook2003 + Turba 2.1.3 (HGWE 1.0)=Contact Lists - cant add

ALFREDO GONZALEZ got2go at msn.com
Fri Apr 13 08:56:15 UTC 2007

> > Hmm, ok. Any suggestions for a quick fix ?
>
>Don't use a composite name field, but a real name field. Or use the
>CVS version.
>
> > Or can a patch be added to that Wiki for TurbaOutlook2003 ?
>
>Sure, go ahead, it's a wiki.

Jan,

I'm not really familiar enough with the programming to come up with the fix.
I already looked around to see where the function to add a contact list
record is.
I think I found it, but it's not clear to me where the code is that selects
the DB column to use for the contact list name.

I'm thinking that the code can be changed so that it uses the First Name
field, instead of the 'name' field (which after the mod is now composite).

If so, would it be a matter of simply changing a variable that specifies the
field to use, to 'object_first_name' ?

Could you be so kind and point me in the right direction ?
(or as specific as you care or have the time to be ?)

Thanks again!