[turba] Trouble Importing Address Fields

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Jul 20 15:34:26 UTC 2007

Quoting Struggle Tribe <digitalstruggle at yahoo.com>:

> In my last message I mentioned that I had tried following the
> directions at this page:
> http://wiki.horde.org/TurbaOutlook2003
>
> to add more fields to Turba's contacts.  The first time I tried
> this, it didn't work and I reinstalled the server.  I just tried it
> again after taking note of this line:
> (Note: the addresslink type is only available
> in the CVS version of Horde/Turba. If you want to use this howto for
> the current stable Horde/Turba, use address instead.  It's not as
> pretty, but it will do the job)
>
> I replaced every instance of "addresslink" in
> turba/config/attributes.php with "address".  I put the SQL script at
> the bottom into the "SQL Shell" feature under Administration and
> executed it.

You probably need to execute things one statement at a time, or use
another SQL administration tool for your background. The SQL shell is
for basic utility usage, and is not a sophisticated SQL tool.

> It spit out this (Warning, lots and lots of text) ... actually,
> before you get to that, I'll tell you what ended up happening.  If I
> try to look at "My Address Book", for example, it will say "DB
> Error: no such field" with a stop sign and a hand near the top.  If
> I try to add a contact to My Address Book (all of the additional
> fields are there, btw), it says "There was an error adding the new
> contact. Contact your system administrator for further help.DB
> Error: no such field:" in the same fashion near the top.  Yes, after
> I edited all the files and executed the SQL script, I restarted
> Apache and MySQL.  I forgot to mention that I am running XAMPP 1.6.2
> on WIndows XP with Horde Groupware 1.0.1.

So, first of all, yes, you're on the right track with adding different
fields, since Turba is more or less infinitely configurable in this
way; you can keep separate fields for first and last name and all
kinds of address data.

Probably you need to just get the SQL tables created/modified
correctly - the errors in your paragraph above would occur when you've
configured Turba to expect a table structure that isn't there.

-chuck