[turba] Trouble Importing Address Fields

Struggle Tribe digitalstruggle at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 21:10:48 UTC 2007

You said:
========
You probably need to execute things one statement at a time, or use
another SQL administration tool for your background. The SQL shell is
for basic utility usage, and is not a sophisticated SQL tool.
========

You nailed it, Chuck!  I'm not really good with SQL or databases or anything, but I noticed that the "script" had three commands in it.  I put each one into my phpmyadmin SQL window separately and they all worked!  I had to "drop" the "turbaobjects" table first, though.  I imagine that the "script" instructions could be put into a .sql file and executed by mysql at the command line as well, but I'm not confident enough to put that in the wiki.  I have a feeling that if I put the three commands into Horde's SQL shell, it would work, too, but only after dropping "turbaobjects".

Anyway, after I followed the TurbaOutlook2003 instructions, I was finally able to import more or less properly.  It's still a little tricky, though:

I'm trying to import ~1700 contacts and I get some kind of memory error (I didn't save it) where Horde says it ran out of memory allocation or something.  I'm not sure how much of a problem it is, though, because all of my contacts imported anyway.

Another problem is that I would like to be able to organize by "display name" still or at least be able to put company names in the name fields.  Right now, if I put "Woodley Plywood" as the first name it displays as "Woodley Plywood Plywood".  Anyone know how to get rid of that one?

I'm having a lot of fun with Turba and Horde, folks.  Thanks a lot.

-Christian