[turba] read-only ldap sources

Liam Hoekenga liamr at deathstar.org
Thu Aug 9 19:33:27 UTC 2007

I just want to confirm the process of marking an LDAP source as
read-only.  We'd had trouble with this when we'd tried to deploy Horde
3.1 last fall, and I'm not sure if it's explicitly documented anywhere.

To make a read-only LDAP source, you need to use the permissions systems
(and to use the permissions system, you need to have DataTree turned on?).

 From within the permissions screen in the admin section...
- Add a child permission to "All Permissions" for "Address Book (turba)
- Add a child permission to "Address Book (turba)"  for "Sources"
- Add a child permission to "Sources" for the name of the RO LDAP resource
- Change the permssions on the RO LDAP resource to "Show / Read" for
"All Authenticated Users"

Do you need to worry about the others permission groups ("All
Authenticated Users", "Guest Permissions", "Creator Permissions") in
this situation, esp. if we only allow authenticated users to access turba?

Liam