[turba] Address books not found (Upgrade -> 2.2 CVS)

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 23 16:31:46 UTC 2008

>> After getting the autocomplete configured best I can, it works as long as
>> I either:
>>
>> 1) Type in a partial username
>> 2) Type in a full username not in my domain
>>
>> If instead I type in a full username in my domain, it does not autocomplete
>> in the sense that it does not add my local domain to it.
>>
>> Anyone know if I'm just misconfigured, or if this feature (adding
>> the default
>> domain during the autocomplete phase) has been removed?
>
> IIRC it has been removed. Only addresses from the address books are
> autocompleted.

The problem is, this happens even if the local address _is_ in my
address book.  For example, I have rebecca at localdomain in my
addressbook.  If I enter "rebecc" and stop, it autocompletes it.
But if I type "rebecca" it doesn't, even though it is in my address
book as rebecca at localhost.

> The maildomain is attached if you don't specify a
> domain when sending the message though.

Yes, sending works fine, but the users are complaining anyway since
they expect the autocomplete to work, and if not, they are typing
the whole thing (adding the domain) manually...

Personally, I just leave the domain off, but a lot of my users don't
quite understand they can do that...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics