[turba] Fwd: Re: Turba maximum entries

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jan 25 15:47:41 UTC 2008

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> ----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von blist at prostream.net -----
>       Datum: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:28:47 -0500
>         Von: Brooks Roy <blist at prostream.net>
>     Betreff: Re: [turba] Turba maximum entries
>          An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>

> On Jan 24, 2008, at 5:09 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
>
>> Zitat von Brooks Roy <blist at prostream.net>:
>>
>>> Hello.  My first post here..
>>>
>>> I have turba installed and created a global address book for all
>>> users.. How can I #1, make it read only?
>>
>> Through the permissions interface.
> I was more looking for the command you put in sources.php..

There is no command or configuration for that. It the only purpose of
the permission interface to provide this feature.

>>> #2 Also, I have about 300 entries I imported to the address book in my
>>> sources.php.  Its SQL.  But when the users goto compose within IMP and
>>> click address book, it seems to only show a list of limited users, and
>>> does not get to all 300 entries.  How can I increase this to show all
>>> entries?
>>
>> There is no hardcoded limit for address books. *How* are the
>> contacts limited?
> I just do not see all of the contacts in the selection menu.  Only up
> to "S" in the alphabet.

I don't know, I didn't hear of that before, besides on LDAP servers.
Maybe your SQL server has some limit on the maximum number of rows it
returns?

>>> #3 If I just goto browse the address book, it only shows 5 entries at
>>> a time.. How can I increase this..
>>
>> That's a user preference setting.
> Again, is there a global setting in a config file that I can change?

As with any user preference, yes, in config/prefs.php.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/