[turba] Dynamic SQL lookup enum attributes

Peter Paul Elfferich pp at dia.uva.nl
Mon Feb 18 21:10:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm currently experimenting with accessing our mailing database with Turba.
This is a relational database using foreign keys to refer to values from
different tables. By using left joins in the table definition in
sources.phpthe proper values are displayed in Turba, but I'd also like
to be able to
edit these values.

Is it possible to define a dynamic enum in attributes.php which looks up
keys and values from related tables? I'd like the values to be listed in a
pulldown/list and the key to be stored back into the address table when you
edit the record in turba.

We also have N:N related information meaning multiple values from another
table can be related to an address record through an extra table referring
to the address table and the other table. (if table x is the address book
table and table z is a table with relatable values then a table y record
contains a column referring to x.id and a column referring to z.id). I would
also like to be able to display and edit these relations in turba using
multiple selection lists. Is such a thing possible already or is something
like this in the works?

Regards,

Peter Paul