[turba] shares problem with sql addressbook - turning off use_shares turns off browsing.

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Mar 5 23:09:32 UTC 2008

Quoting liamr at umich.edu:

>> $conf['share']['no_sharing'] just means that people can't edit
>> permissions on their shares. They can still edit their names, list
>> them, delete them, etc, so it's appropriate to show the Address Books
>> list even with it turned on.
>
> That doesn't really explain why we're unable to browse the sql based
> addressbook if we set "use_shares" to false.

Yes, that is a totally seperate issue. The use_shares attribute
determines if that particular source should have Horde_Share support
enabled...which basically treats all address books as a share,
allowing users to modify permissions, create/delete their own address
books etc...  The 'no_sharing' conf parameter basically says, for
every one of the user's shares across Horde, always use the default
permissions and don't let user's change them.

If you are unable to browse any address books when use_shares is
false, then that is a separate bug/issue. First, just to clarify, with
use_shares set to false, then *only* the single, default, address book
for each user will be visible.  Other users will not be able to see
your personal address book.

You also might want to check to make sure there is nothing screwy
going on with the addressbook pref.  You might try clearing that pref
in your pref backend for a user that is having this issue and see if
that clears it up.  My money would be on this being the problem.

> What should we do if we don't want to allow our users to create
> multiple address books?  Edit Turba's getMenu() function?  That seems
> less than ideal.

Nope, just do as you already did, set 'use_shares' to false in the
source config.

Thanks,
mike

--