[turba] read-only ldap sources

liamr at umich.edu liamr at umich.edu
Wed Mar 12 18:30:19 UTC 2008

> I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but if you add
> sub-permissions to an application, then you must set permissions for
> that application. If there are no permissions, we assume authenticated
> users can access the app, guests can't. If any permissions exist (and
> creating children forces the creation of the parent, so it exists),
> then they are honored explicitly.

If I follow this process..

   From within the permissions screen in the admin section...
   - Add a child permission to "All Permissions" for "Address Book (turba)
   - Add a child permission to "Address Book (turba)"  for "Sources"
   - Add a child permission to "Sources" for the name of the RO LDAP resource
   - Change the permssions on the RO LDAP resource to "Show / Read"
for "All Authenticated Users"

.. then the only people who have access to Turba are the ones listed
in $conf['auth']['admins'].  To allow the rest of my authenticated
users access, I need add "Show / Read" access to "Address Book" for
"All Authenticated Users".

Which makes me wonder..
- what would Edit or Delete at that permission level allow people do
to / restrict people fro doing?
- do I need to need to assign explicit permissions at the "Sources" level?
- do I need to assign permissions for the other sources ("My Address
Book" or "Favorite Recipients")?

Liam