[turba] Difficult upgrade from 1.2 to 2.x

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed May 28 13:13:08 UTC 2008

Quoting Piotr Legiecki <piotrlg at sci.pam.szczecin.pl>:

> Hi
>
> I'm changing my server and also upgrading from horde2/imp3/turba1.2 to
> horde3imp4/turba 2.1.3 (debian stable). I have 4 IMAP servers defined in
> horde. In imp3 when there were two users with the same names on
> different servers they appeared the same to imp3 (so they had the same
> addressbook. Now I'm going to use the 'realm' option in imp4/servers
> setup which solves the problem but makes transfering address book
> impossible for me.
>
> So with my current setup I see usernames as: user1, user2 etc, and after
> upgrade as user1 at realm.a, user2 at realm.b etc.
>
> So the problem is (with 'realm' defined) that after upgrade to turba 2.1
>    it can't find any addres book entries for logged in user. when I set
> realm to null the addresses are visible. I know why it behaves in such a
> way - simply for turba username  and username at some.realm are different
> users). OK. But I don't know howto solve this. So I want to make user1
> to see its addressbook after setting the realm.

Well, I'm assuming that you know which address book actually belongs
to user1 at relam.a vs user1 at realm.b....I'm also assuming you are using a
SQL backend for address book storage since you do not mention this.

If you were NOT using shares it's an easy fix - you update the
'owner_id' field in the turba_objects (or whatever table you have been
using) to the correct username.  If the entries that currently have
'user1' as the owner all belong to  user1 at realm.a it's an easy:

  UPDATE turba_objects SET owner_id='user1.realm.a' WHERE owner_id='user1';

...but if the contacts marked as owned by user1 are mixed between
different users, you will have to update them in groups.

   UPDATE turba_objects SET owner_id='user1.realm.a' WHERE object_id IN (....);

If you are using shares it is a bit more complicated...if that's the
case respon d back to the list and we can go from there.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)