[turba] Difficult upgrade from 1.2 to 2.x

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed May 28 15:16:35 UTC 2008

Quoting Piotr Legiecki <piotrlg at sci.pam.szczecin.pl>:

> Michael Rubinsky pisze:
>
>> Well, I'm assuming that you know which address book actually belongs to
>> user1 at relam.a vs user1 at realm.b....I'm also assuming you are using a SQL
>> backend for address book storage since you do not mention this.
>
> mysql
>

>> If you were NOT using shares it's an easy fix - you update the
>> 'owner_id' field in the turba_objects (or whatever table you have been
>> using) to the correct username.  If the entries that currently have
>> 'user1' as the owner all belong to  user1 at realm.a it's an easy:
>>
>>  UPDATE turba_objects SET owner_id='user1.realm.a' WHERE owner_id='user1';
>
> Ok, but what if I have 500 users? Is it possible to add realm.a to user1
> automatically? Or SQL can't do that?

Off hand, I think the following might work in mySQL. If not, a google
search should help.

UPDATE turba_objects SET owner_id=concat(owner_id, '.realm.a');

>> ...but if the contacts marked as owned by user1 are mixed between
>> different users, you will have to update them in groups.
>
>>   UPDATE turba_objects SET owner_id='user1.realm.a' WHERE object_id IN
>> (....);
>
> What do you mean by groups?

What I meant was that if your address books were corrupt because you
had multiple users using the same address book when they should not
have been, that you would need to manually look for what entries
belong to what user etc...

>  From what I have seen in turba database no one can say to what server
> one user belongs?

Well, no, not if you were essentially using the same username for both users.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)