[turba] how to save a photo through the api --> rpc request

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Oct 27 17:15:14 UTC 2008

Zitat von roman stachura <stachrom at gmail.com>:

> Jan Schneider schrieb:
>> Zitat von Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> After a quick glance at the code, it doesn't look like this is
>>> currently possible.  The binary data will need to be encoded
>>> before it is sent over jsonrpc, but the _turba_import method
>>> doesn't currently check for this and decode it. We'll have to add
>>> support for encoded binary data to the import method, and a way to
>>> hint at what the encoding type is. How to do that in a BC way
>>> though?
>>
> Tanks for the quick answer.
>
>> It doesn't work with xmlrpc or jsonrpc, but it should,
>> theoretically, work with SOAP.
> Is there a SOAP example around for a php client?  (in general not
> specificly for turba.)
> So I can give SOAP a try.

http://cvs.horde.org/co.php/framework/RPC/tests/rpc-test.php?r=1.8
http://cvs.horde.org/co.php/framework/RPC/docs/examples/soap.php?r=1.2
http://cvs.horde.org/co.php/framework/RPC/docs/examples/soap.pl?r=1.1

You probably have to explicitly pass the binary data as a SOAP_Value object:
http://pear.php.net/package/SOAP/docs/latest/SOAP/SOAP_Value.html#methodSOAP_Value

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/