[turba] sync turba and passwd

pal at hkskole.no pal at hkskole.no
Tue Nov 4 21:16:22 UTC 2008

I'm checking out Horde to replace my current Squirrelmail installation. What I need to know
first is the possibility to make global address books for all users. In my Squirrelmail
installation I have made a script to collect user ata from passwd file and make a global address
book (text file).

I know Turba uses database backend to store this type of information, but I need to know if
there are any possibility to import such data into the database from a cron job, i.e. to update
the global list once a day?

I guess you will recommend some sort of LDAP to solve this, but LDAP is not an option for my
server at the moment, only passwd.

Any suggestions?