[turba] Turba 2.3 without shares and more than one address book

Tue Nov 18 08:34:59 UTC 2008

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>>> Hello
>>>
>>> we are in progress of update Turba 2.0.5 to 2.3. All the tables
>>> have been extended to the new schema and it basically works. What
>>> we have trouble with is the following
>>>
>>> We have more then one source with different tables and must stick
>>> with it because some other application using the same database has
>>> no idea about the e-mail users.
>>> Therefore i have set all sources to "use_shares=false" and set
>>> permissions with the "admin" user for all sources. This does not
>>> work (no listing possible) as long as i don't comment out
>>> "owner_id" for the sources in question.
>>> If i comment out the owner_id unfortunately no owner at all is set
>>> when adding new contacts.
>>>
>>> Is this expected behaviour or have i done something wrong?
>>
>> I hate to speak with myself but beside some out-of-office replies i
>> get no answer so maybe the problem was not clear.
>>
>> We have Horde 3.3, IMP 4.3, Ingo 1.2.1 and now want to use Turba
>> 2.3 instead of 2.0.5. We must use 3 tables for our address books as
>> some other application using the addresses demand different tables
>> for access rights.
>> To not mix up anything we want to start with "use_shares=false" for
>> all sources and set the permissions in the Horde permissions
>> interface as the attributes "public" are gone in the new version.
>> With this normal users can not list anything out of the address
>> books as long as they are not the owner of the address entry or the
>> "owner" attribute is commented out for the source in question.
>>
>> Is this a bug or a feature?
>>
>> If i comment out the "owner_id" the users can list & search the
>> address book, but no owner is set if i add an entry.
>>
>> Again bug or feature?
>
> Feature, if I understood your setup correctly.
>
> Jan.

For the second one i tend to agree because if i comment out a field in
the sources normally i don't want it at all. The first problem seams
odd because if i don't want to use "shares" it makes no sense to check
the owner additionally to the permissions set in horde or have i
missed something?
Is this technical reasoned or is it needed for some other feature?

Many Thanks

Andreas

--
All your trash belong to us ;-)  www.spamschlucker.org