[turba] Turba 2.3 without shares and more than one address book

Tue Nov 18 14:57:27 UTC 2008

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>>> Well, it's been this way for 8 years now, and no one complained so
>>> far, so I guess there is a good reason to leave it this way.
>>>

>> This must be a misunderstanding : The Turba shares concept is as
>> far as i know from version 2.1 and has replaced the "public"
>> attribute which is around 2 years ago.
>
> Correct.
>
>> In Turba 2.0 the public attribute lead to not checking the owner
>> and we like to have a similar concept for more than one address
>> source (SQL table) which are readable by all and changeable by some
>> admin users. This was no problem at all with the Turba 2.0
>> read_only,public and admin_users attributes but i failed to get it
>> working with Turba 2.3 without killing the owner field for the
>> sources completely.
>
> This is not true, the owner field has been required for 8 years when
> public address books have been added to Turba.

Required for sure but not checked if public=true for the non "admin"
users and that is the problem we try to solve. We are not able to
create permissions in the horde settings for addressbooks as
"read-only for all" with use_share=false as long as the owner
attribute is present in source.php. We have as of today for example
the listed source (read-only for all, writeable by admin) and try to
get this working with Turba 2.3 and use_shares=false for this source
with permissions set in horde but all failed until we remove the
__owner??

$cfgSources['local_sql'] = array(
     'title' => _("öffentliches Adressbuch"),
     'type' => 'sql',
     // The default connection details are pulled from the Horde-wide SQL
     // connection configuration.
     //
     // The old example illustrates how to use an alternate database
     // configuration.
     //
     // New Example:
     'params' => array_merge($conf['sql'], array('table' =>
'turba_objects_02')),

     'map' => array(
         '__key' => 'object_id',
         '__owner' => 'owner_id',
         '__type' => 'object_type',
         '__members' => 'object_members',
         '__uid' => 'object_uid',
         'name' => 'object_name',
         'email' => 'object_email',
         'alias' => 'object_alias',
         'homeAddress' => 'object_homeaddress',
         'workAddress' => 'object_workaddress',
         'homePhone' => 'object_homephone',
         'workPhone' => 'object_workphone',
         'cellPhone' => 'object_cellphone',
         'fax' => 'object_fax',
         'title' => 'object_title',
         'company' => 'object_company',
         'notes' => 'object_notes',
         'pgpPublicKey' => 'object_pgppublickey',
         'smimePublicKey' => 'object_smimepublickey',
         'freebusyUrl' => 'object_freebusyurl'
     ),
     'search' => array(
         'name',