[turba] Can not get the 10th alphabetical contact list breakup

Dominique LALOT dom.lalot at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 16:51:22 UTC 2008

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de a écrit :
> Zitat von Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> Hello
>>>
>>> we are testing Turba 2.3 and have the following odd behavior :
>>> If i display contacts as list and use the alphabetical breakup to
>>> display one after the other after the 9th nothing happens anymore.
>>> That means if i click "A" then "B" ... i get until "J" and than
>>> nothing happens if i choose any further character. The sequence of
>>> characters does not matter but only for nine clicks something
>>> happens, after that nothing anymore until i reload the contact list.
>>>
>>> Can anyone confirm?
>>
>> Possibly hitting against:
>>
>> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/7457
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/7042
>>

> Indeed...
>
> I have applied the fix by hand and it works. Strange thing is that the
> more times i click on the caracters the slower the page load get,
> while the CPU load raises. This is on a comparable small address book
> with only some hundred contacts.
That's not related to the contacts size but on the growing size of the
URL that horde has to scan. And it's eating more and more CPU to parse
it, and may be the apache server also.

To observe it, you just need to have enough contacts to have those links
I'll patch as soon as possible

Dom

--
Dominique LALOT