[turba] Bug 6796, add to my address book, duplicate entries

LALOT Dominique dom.lalot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 07:35:46 UTC 2009

I can say also, that using vcard, you can follow the procedure used to
add a vcard several times and you get duplicate entries which is not
very fine. We should find a way to avoid it. That the same problem
when syncing data, but depending  the way you add entries, it's not
easy to find a solution.
Adding manually, it would be great to ask a confirmation: "an entry
already exists with the same name, do you want to continue.."

Dom

2009/1/19 David Brangaitis <Dave.Brangaitis at marist.edu>:

> Hello,
> I have been experiencing the same problem as outlined in bug #6796 -- "add
> to contacts" link in IMP allows the creation of duplicate address book
> entries.
> I'm running Turba 2.3.1, Horde 3.3.2, IMP 4.3.2.
> A link to the bug:
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/6796
>
> Can anyone advise on how I might correct this (aside from limiting the
> array to firstname and lastname)?  Was this fix, in fact, implemented in
> the latest version?
> Thanks!
> -David!

Dominique LALOT