[turba] RDN uniqueness using LDAP with Turba

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Wed May 27 14:07:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 14:49 +0200, Lux wrote:
> Hi all
>
> This seems to be a faq, but I did not find a general answer which does not
> involve patching Turba in some non-general way.
> Then I did the following mappings in Turba sources.php:
> 'map' => array(
>   'name' => array('fields' => array('firstname', 'lastname', 'company'),
> 'format' => '%s %s %s'),
>   'firstname' => 'givenname',
>   'lastname' => 'sn',
>   'company' => 'o',
> If I use
> 'dn' => array('givename','sn')
> I get an error about non-existent object: to store
> Dn: givenname=john,sn=smith,dc=org
> I must already have something like
> Dn: sn=smith,dc=org
> But I don't want to have to build it.
> I could use
> 'dn' => array('uid')
> But this doesn't please me much: I like to be able to browse my ldap tree
> with something understandable in the dn.

Agree, I don't like UID as an RDN as it more or less assumes Turba/Horde
is the only/primary consumer/client;  which defeats the idea of a
directory server.

> The ideal solution, for me, would be to have Turba to generate the DNs like
> this:
> Dn: cn=name.surname.company,dc=ord

The correct way is the generate a multi-valued RDN.  AFAIK, this isn't
possible out-of-the-box with Horde.  See the thread around
<http://lists.horde.org/archives/turba/Week-of-Mon-20070115/005375.html>

<http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/7893>

OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>