[turba] Fwd: RE: Address book import question

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Aug 3 14:32:34 UTC 2009

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von aria at bsc.gwu.edu -----
      Datum: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 09:17:58 -0400
        Von: Aria Bamdad <aria at bsc.gwu.edu>
    Betreff: RE: [turba] Address book import question
         An: 'Jan Schneider' <jan at horde.org>

Totally agree but it doesn't have to be that sophisticated.  If we assume
the new import is a complete list of records, and ask which field is used to
identify the records for comparison then if a record in the import file
matches a record in the database, we replace the database record with the
new one leaving the key that is used to point to user address books alone.
If the record doesn't match, we add the record.  At the end of import, we
delete all records that were not touched.

This comes in handy when your contact information comes from an existing
company database.  I guess I could write an external script to do this but
was wondering if anyone had already.

Thanks.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/