[turba] read-only LDAP source question

Beth Halsema bhalsema at purdue.edu
Wed Aug 5 20:58:07 UTC 2009

I apologize if this question or issue has already been addressed.  I did
find some posts that were associated with read-only sources, but none
that seemed to answer my particular question.

We are running Horde Groupware Webmail Edit (v1.2.3).  One of the
sources defined in the sources.php file is for our read-only LDAP
server.  This source is meant to be used for the Search page.

I have followed the recommendations I found in the archives to appropriately
interact with this server:

	* The parameters, 'browse' and 'export', are set to "false".
	* The permissions associated with this source are "Show" and
	  "Read".

So, the source shows up in the list of address books from which to
search and is not browsable.

However, it also shows up in the list of address books to choose from
when adding or importing contacts.  Shouldn't this list only be comprised
of those address books for which the user has EDIT permission?

Beth
Beth A. Halsema                        Sr. Network Analyst/Engineer
Utility Software Services              email:bhalsema at purdue.edu
OVPIT - IT Infrastructure
401 S. Grant St.                       phone:(765)496-7456
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-2024     fax  :(765)494-0566