[turba] smallint out of range

Michael J. Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Sep 17 14:02:53 UTC 2009

Quoting Michael Menge <michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with turbas sql_shares on a postgresql database.
>
> I can't create new Addresbooks because the share_id is > 32768
> which is to big for smallint. Is it save to change the type of
> turba_shares.share_id from smallint to integer and which other
> related tables/columns have to be changed?

I don't see a reason why it couldn't be an integer, not sure why it
was done as a smallint in  postgres vs an int in mysql. If you change
it, you should also change the share_id columns in turba_shares_users
and turba_shares_groups as well.

> Should i open a ticket for this?

Yes, please do, so we don't forget to look at this. Probably should
change the schema in all the share enabled applications as well.

mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org