[turba] How "groups" works on turba?

J Miguel Aceff S jmas at aic.com.mx
Tue Sep 29 21:08:32 UTC 2009

Michael J. Rubinsky escribió:

> Quoting J Miguel Aceff S <jmas at aic.com.mx>:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I hope to be clear with my problem
>>
>> I have an installation of "Horde WebMail 1.2.4" authenticated with
>> IMAP. Turba configuration is with the sql driver (in postgres).
>>
>> Everything worked properly until I created 2 groups to classify my
>> users (Family and Work).
>>
>> From that moment all users except the administrator failed to see
>> their address books. And searching on database I saw that each time
>> they entered to turba "horde"created a new record in turba_shares.
>>
>> When I delete groups, users automatically returned to see the address
>> book (and indeed all duplicates addres books).
>>
>> My questions are:
>>
>> 1) I create groups on my installation to classify my users?
>> 2) I need to create any hook to know which group horde take it?
>> 3) I can guide what I'm doing wrong in my installation?
>

> Can you pleas clarify *how* you created groups...and I assume you are
> talking about horde groups (as opposed to contact groups)?

Of course.

Yes i'm talking aboout horde groups,

To create both groups, first with the administrator user clic in "groups
module" and create the two groups (Family and Work) without email
address, then in each group added the corresponding users (putting the
same name they use for signing in imap)

Thank you