[turba] Newbie: Can't edit Address Book entries

parish at magichamster.com parish at magichamster.com
Tue Oct 13 12:01:46 UTC 2009

Clean, first-time, install of Horde, Imp, and Turba 2.3.2 using MySQL
5.0.6 on FreeBSD 6.4

I can add entries to the Address Book, but if I try to edit or view
then I get the error

The contact you requested does not exist.

Googling this revealed that it was a common error over a year ago for
people u/g 2.1.x -> 2.2.x but, as I say, this is a clean first-time
install of 2.3.2. even so, I tried the solution for the u/g, i.e. to
change Shares to use SQL instead of Datatree, but it didn't fix the
problem.

Not only that, but after logging out of Horde/IMP and logging in
again, the sidebar (Horde menu) is missing and this error (in the menu
frame):

A fatal error has occurred
MDB2 Error: not found

[line 756 of /usr/local/www/horde/lib/Horde/Share/sql.php]
Details:
The full error message is logged in Horde's log file, and is shown
below only to administrators. Non-administrative users will not see
error details.

MDB2_Error Object
(
     [error_message_prefix] =>
     [mode] => 1
     [level] => 1024
     [code] => -4
     [message] => MDB2 Error: not found
     [userinfo] => unable to find package 'MDB2_Driver_mysql' file
'MDB2/Driver/mysql.php'
     [backtrace] => Array
         (
             [0] => Array

[...snip rest of error...]

Since I can't get to Setup I'll have to edit the config files directly
to set Shares back to Datatree.

Can anyone help me fix this please?

I notice that there are a lot of SQL scripts in the Horde/scripts/sql
directory but I only ran the main one to create the Horde database and
user, and also the turba.sql script. Do I need to run any others? I
couldn't find any instructions to do so.

Thanks.