[turba] Use SSL addressbook in Turba?

Stefan Suurmeijer stefan at raptorweb.nl
Fri Mar 26 14:24:40 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'd like to use an external addressbook in turba, but one that allows
only SSL connections on port 636. So far, I haven't been able to get it
working
My config is:

$cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
    'title' => _("Shared Directory"),
    'type' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'server' => 'ldaps://server.mydomain.com',
        'port' => 636,
        'tls' => false,
        'root' => 'ou=somou,c=nl',
        'bind_dn' => 'cn=myname,ou=otherou,c=nl',

etc

If I use tls => true, Turba logically tries to use TLS on port 636,
which fails. If like above I use tls => false, it tries a cleartext
connection on port 636 which also fails. I've also tried the server
without the "ldaps://", doesn't work either

The error I get: HORDE [error] [turba] Could not instantiate the
localldap source: STARTTLS failed: (-1) Can't contact LDAP server [pid
6540 on line 348 of "/home/www-ssl/horde/turba/lib/Turba.php"]

Is there any way to connect Turba to an SSL addressbook?

TIA,
Stefan